Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Made just for him!

We have been trying to get ahead on school shopping. It has proven quite eventful. right down to my sitting on the floor in the children's section of wal~mart crying my little socks off because Parker just doesn't fit into any of the clothes. Now I am sure you are thinking "shouldn't the clothes fit the child"? Not in Parker's case measuring in at a giant...


19" waist and 35" tall weighing in at 29lb when soaking wet and 5 years old.

He is a force to be reckoned with. Don't let the small stature blind you. Out of my 3 children he may measure/weigh in as the smallest but he has one huge personality! 

Having a short child with a huge personality can be so hard We started the day excited for Kindergarten and excited to go buy new clothes but both came home crying. No luck. The 2T's although fit in the length (the waist had the adjustable waistband) just had way too much fabric on the butt. They are designed with a toddler in mind that wears a diaper. Parker must have tried on 30 pairs of trousers yesterday going in and out of almost every store imaginable heading home with 0, yes I said ZERO! 

driving around town today I figured I would go and check out Bealls, It isn't a store I go into often (Not sure why) but off we went. Cody, Parker, Emmy and myself determined to find a pair of trousers that fit!

HELLO LEVI'S 514! We found 2 pairs in blue that were slim straight leg 2T!!

Parker very excitedly just kicked his shoes off right there in the children's section and pulled his little shorts down practically screaming "These fit mommy, I like these, They're gonna fit you'll see"! I was honestly just thankful he put underwear on, He isn't a fan.. 

What do you know, Those 2 pairs of levi's not only looked good but they fit Parker with room for growth (Should he of course decide to grow anymore) no extra fabric on the butt just an adjustable waistband. Had they had more I would have bought them. alas, they did not. Still 2 pair of jeans that do not have holes in them from continued use are sitting next to a very proud young man.

Yesterday was emotionally draining for all of us, Parker suffered in a way I will never fully understand. Today was definitely a blessing. My sweet boy knew that his search was over, He knew those Jeans were made just for him!

Never to suffer would mean never to have been blessed. (Edgar Allan Poe)



No comments: