Sunday, March 25, 2012

7 years ago today!

I very anxiously awaited the arrival of my first born child a boy to be named Cody William Flowers, We got his name from Buffalo Bill, (William Fredrick Cody) he was born a little after 3pm on a Friday afternoon, 3 days of intense labor would test my patience with many people. Finally Cody was born weighing an astonishing 10lb, I didn't get to see him for several hours, He was struggling to breathe and suffering from seizures. As new parents Charlie and I were terrified, we were told not to expect too much and to enjoy every minute for the next few months, Many trips up and down to Primary Children's hospital and neurologist appt's all over UT, We made it to 1, The pediatrician was excited to see us, No one expected us to get through a month yet here we were at a year!

Cody lives with gastroparesis, sleep apnea a unknown seizure disorder and high functioning Autism.. He is so full of life and a constant ball of energy,

Happy 7th birthday my sweet boy!

No comments: